Smart IBL Loader is a free plugin for Cinema 4D, which allows you to load smart IBL 'sets' and apply them to a scene. For more details of what Smart IBL is, please see the HDR Labs site at http://www.hdrlabs.com/sibl/index.html.
In brief, the system provides for:
- image files for background, lighting, and reflection
- creation of the necessary skydomes to hold these images
- creation of sun objects for outside scenes, including alignment, colour, and brightness
- creation of multiple lights for interior scenes, again including alignment, colour, and brightness
- inclusion of GPS data so the user can see exactly where an image set was shot
- easy (often one-click) insertion of all images, lights, and objects into a scene
These parameters are controlled by a simple text file with the extension ‘IBL’. This file, plus the associated image files, makes up an sIBL ‘set’. A user may have multiple sets and from the loader choose which one to apply to the scene.
This version supports Vray for C4D 184.108.40.206 but will probably not work with later Vray versions. A new version of the loader which will work with Cycles 4D from INSYDIUM is in preparation.
The sIBL Loader is compatible with the following versions of Cinema 4D:
|Cinema 4D version||Compatible?|
|R20, R21||Yes, but requires the INSYDIUM Bridge plugin|
|R23, S24||No - native version in preparation (Bridge plugin will not be required)|
smart IBL sets
A number of very good HDRI images arranged in sIBL sets can be downloaded from the archive at HDRLabs.com. In addition, I recommend you look at Bob Groothuis's web site, where he has some very high-quality images, arranged as sIBL sets, available.
Page last updated June 23rd 2021