R23 and later versions plugin development
In R20, Maxon changed the way in which plugins are built, as well as major changes to the API. More changes occurred in later C4D versions, so for these tutorials we'll start with R23 since by then many (most?) of the changes have been made, and plugins built in R23 should also run in S24 without the need for rebuilding.
As always, the first thing to do is build the SDK example plugins, so that will be the first project.
- Compiling the R23 SDK examples using Visual Studio
- Addendum - compiling the SDK on macOS (R23)
- Addendum 2 - compiling the SDK on macOS (R2024)
- Adding your own plugins
- Notarizing a plugin for macOS (R2024)
- Notarizing a plugin for macOS (R2023 and earlier)
Page last updated September 29th 2023